Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

spring is in the air

We've had a few sun shiny days lately and that always makes me want to get out and work in the garden.  However, it is still just February, so it is too early to work in the garden, so today I went out and took a few pictures of things that tell me that spring will be here soon.

 
This is a pesky little weed.  It's called hen bit and I'm not sure of the family that it belongs to, but it comes out early and adds a bit of green and lavender to the landscape.  The flowers are tiny.  I tolerate the hen bit in early spring, but as other flowers show up, the hen bit will have to go!!


This is a truly nuisance weed, mustard tansy, I think.  However, it is also adding a bit of color, so I will tolerate it for a while also.  It is serving a very good purpose right now though.  The bees love the tansy and since there are few things blooming now, the bees are staying around the tansy instead of me!!  And, let me tell you, that's a very good thing!


Ah, bluebonnets!  They are everywhere!!  They are almost solid in my garden.  We should have a beautiful spring as the bluebonnets have had the right kind of rains and weather for them this year.  My garden will be a solid mass of blue soon and it will be buzzing with bees and all kinds of other insects!

No comments:

Post a Comment