Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

dreaming of spring

We're supposed to get anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow!!  That's just crazy!  Once again it is cold and drizzly and gray!  Spring cannot be too far away though, it is getting to the end of February, isn't it?  I guess that the little flowers that I took pics of yesterday will be frozen tonight!

I decided to show a piece of spring that I did a while back.  I love birds! Birdhouses are something that I love to make.  I have done many different types of birdhouses, but this one is just so much fun.  Of course, it couldn't be kept outside, it is an inside birdhouse.  It took me ages to do this birdhouse, as you can imagine!  Things that take a long time are usually done a bit at a time by me.  I don't know how long I worked on this birdhouse, but it was in my way for many months!!  Once I nearly get through with a project, then I get busy and finish it, but, it's not unusual for a project to sit around in various stages for months on end!!  Drives my husband crazy!!  It just feels SO good when I do finish it!!

 This little birdhouse is covered all over with buttons, sequins, old barrettes, jewelry pieces and beads.  The edge of the house is covered with a strand of sequins.  The roof of the birdhouse is totally covered with blue and silver sequins.

Have a happy, cold day tomorrow!
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment