Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

button cross

Sometimes I take on projects that are more time consuming than they are worth while. Being a person who hates to say quit, I either put them back and never finish them, or in this case, persevere until I finally finish it.

This cross started as an idea that I would do several of them because I have so many buttons and thought this would be a good way to use some of those buttons. WRONG!! It took so long to wire the buttons on that I will never do another one! But, I was pleased with how it turned out.

The cross is made up all kinds of buttons. They are all used buttons. There are mother or pearl buttons, work shirt buttons, rhinestone buttons, just all kinds of buttons. There are two wire crosses, one covered in buttons, the other covered in white ribbon with gold wire wrapped around that. The gold wire is really picked up by the few buttons that have 'gold' around them. There are several large buttons glued on the center of the cross.

This cross measures 6 1/2 x 9 inches. It has a wire hanger on the back. The cross can be purchased at: Jack Rabbit Flats

No comments:

Post a Comment