Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Challenge



Today was a perfectly beautiful day. The kind of day that makes you want to get out and do something, just anything to be outside. When I get outside, I want to either work in my garden or do something with my hands. I really couldn't do much in the garden today, so being artistic won out.

I decided to give myself an art challenge. My challenge was to find as many items from my stashes that I could make into hearts. Some of the things that I got out were pieces of tin, boards, screen, rock, cloth and paper. I also found a piece of Styrofoam that
was cut out of our door when we put in the doggie door.



I have an old Purina sign which is painted red and white, but the white has turned to rust. I found a piece of metal that used to be white, but now is all rusted. It looks like a kitchen grater, but it's way too big and heavy to be that. I have wire that I pick up around here. I pick up rocks that I cut hearts and crosses out of, so I threw a flat rock in the mix, along with some quilted scraps, some new fabric and scrapbook paper.




I cut out hearts from the old Folger's coffee can. Some of them will be just plain hanging hearts. Hearts cut from an old Purina sign will be made into a heart pocket. I don't know yet what I will do with the Stryofoam heart yet, but it will be done up all fancy, I think. The screen will be a challenge! Right now the hearts cut from door screen look more like butterflies!





In the next few days I will be putting different things together to make this collage of items into hearts for Valentine's Day, or just for something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment